Software/program comparison help

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:11:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:54:15 -0500, amigian <m-yg at emailias.com> wrote:
> Hello all. New to this list and to Ubuntu, and Linux in general. I am a
> graphic designer and would like to start using Linux, I would like to
> know what Linux programs are out there that are comparative to Windoze
> programs. For example, to name only a few, Photoshop, Illustrator,
==================
Try Gimp
==================
> Dreamweaver, InDesign, P2P Apps, Password saving program, RAR/Zip,
====================
For P2P give amule a try.  I'll let others suggest their favorite
replacements for the other programs you're looking for.
> Security software, etc. And anything else anyone can think of..
Try antivir and/or f-prot.  I'll also suggest a search on "google.com/linux"
Welcome aboard!!
Peace,
Mike

--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"