Security with Linux - Newbie

Lindsay judenlinz at orcon.net.nz
Tue Feb 8 09:30:09 UTC 2005

I went to the site and saw where the info below is held.  The rest I
couldn't follow, for instance you say "open a console."  I dont know how
or where to do that.
Once the file is downloaded it must be saved I guess, but I do not know
how to do that or where it should go.
Repositories?   In windows where they 'directories' or 'folders?'