kernel sources

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 8 04:10:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 02:53:34PM +1100, andrew fries wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> [snip]
> >Is there another way we can reduce the confusion?
>
> I would suggest naming them ubuntu-kernel-source-* and
> debian-kernel-source-* would go some way towards making everything clear :)

I don't think that it would be a good use of resources to repackage Debian's
kernel source for the sake of renaming it; it would be a lot of work to keep
up to date.

If you can convince Debian to rename their kernels, of course, there is no
problem. ;-)

At this point, I'm leaning toward removing the Debian kernels from universe
unless someone speaks out that they actually use them.

--
 - mdz