K3B having problems with Bluecurve???

Liz Young liz at kandew.com
Mon Feb 7 15:29:01 UTC 2005

Hi Brian,

On Sun February 6 2005 11:55 pm, Brian Durant wrote:
> Hi again, I am still working on burning a copy of my first audio CD.
> I tried installing K3B, but it doesn't seem to like the Red Hat
> Bluecurve theme I installed as per instructions in the "Ubuntu Linux
> Forums". gksudo k3b in terminal returns:
>
> 2x32/stock/document not valid.
> kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ group 32x32/stock/form not valid.

It's just a warning, and (although annoying), does not prevent K3B from
functioning properly.  You can suppress it by running "kdebugdialog
--fullmode" from the terminal.  In Debug Area, select "264 kdecore
(KIconLoader). In Warning, change Output To: from Shell to None.  Can't
remember if kdebugdialog is in kdebase, so you might not have it
installed.

> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:549:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START
> failed: Broken pipe

?  Don't know.
Might be K3B trying to play one of it's associated sounds (my least
favorite "feature").  I always turn off system sounds in kcontrol.

> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
> the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed

Probably related to gksudo -- KDE expects and works with su, not sudo.
I set a root password on my Hoary install, K3Bsetup and K3B ran
perfectly.

Here is more information about audio CD's:
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/AudioCDCreation

HTH,
-Liz