Removing ubuntu-base?

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Sun Feb 6 01:08:48 UTC 2005

Rami Kayyali wrote:
>> AFAIK, ubuntu-base is a meta-package, which is used in the upgrade
>> process. You can remove it without any issues, but it may cause problems
>> if you're planning on upgrading in the future.
>
> what kind of problems?

Nothing of relevance: all the important base packages will be installed
anyway, because other packages will depend on them.

Quoting from the description of ubuntu-base (Hoary version):

 It is safe to remove this package if some of the base system packages are not
 desired.

And I guess the same is true for the Warty version, but they updated the
description to reflect this only now.

--
Danilo Piazzalunga                     +--------------------+
PGP Key available at subkeys.pgp.net   | Linux User #245762 |