Array CD 4 (installation and live editions)

Martin Willemoes Hansen mwh at sysrq.dk
Sat Feb 5 19:40:01 UTC 2005

lør, 05 02 2005 kl. 00:16 +0000, skrev Colin Watson:
> Hello world,
>
> Array CD 4 is ready.

Nice, just installed it, here is my comments:

1. It would be nice to be able to pick more languages to install than
just one. I couldnt seem to find a way to pick more languages.

2. During the installation im asked to specify where to install Grub, I
think it would be nice to be able to specify that I would not have Grub
installed.

3. It would be nice to have GDM upgraded to the latest version 2.6.0.7,
2.6.0.6 is from october last year and misses a lot of nice translation
work for several languages. I cant use the shortcut keys for shutdown in
Danish for example.

4. xorg does not pick up my screen information correctly, to make it
work I have to add:

        HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0

5. In the system configuration menu I can choose to share my folders,
unfortunately samba and nfs is not installed. If this is a common user
operation, maybe these packages should be included by default.

6. I have a wireless nick and wanted to configure it with the network
configuration tool to use a specific access point, when I set it and
restart the tool my setting has been reset :( I have to configure it
manually in /etc/network/interfaces adding wireless-essid

7. It would be so nice if there is a configuration tool to setup
services. After installation I get sysv-rc-conf to do my configuration.

8. When I start some of the system administration tools, like user
administration and the clock configuration the icon shifts to a clock
but doesnt disapear right when the application has started.

9. I cant seem to find a danish dictionary for oo.o

Well that was just a quick review, I guess there are many more things I
could nag about ;)

Happy hacking!
--
Martin Willemoes Hansen