Not getting mail from non-default ISP's-newbie Question

Joe Mahoney cheerschopper at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 10:49:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 22:26 +1300, Lindsay wrote:
> I am connected to my default ISP by DSL and all is ok there.
>
> I cannot however receive mail from my other ISP's via the DSL as I could
> through Windows.   I think it is something to do with the settings in
> Tools, Settings, Mail Accounts,  Edit, Receiving Mail, Authenitication
> Type (which in Windows was Password).   There seems to be no place where
> I can enter or edit individual ISP passwords.  How is that done please.
>
> Linz

Hi Linz

My Evolution set up checks two different mail providers and works quite
happily.

Normally the first time you try to POP down email from an ISP you'll be
prompted to enter the password. You can tick the "Remember password" box
so you don't get prompted every time. Do you get this prompt at all?

Joe