Array CD 4 (installation and live editions)

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Feb 5 09:34:39 UTC 2005

> Please don't report problems that you might observe when starting gdm from
> recovery mode; that isn't supported.

Okay, I didn't realise that (Recovery mode + GDM) != normal mode.
You live and learn ! :-/

> Yes; please try the test that I requested in my previous message.

Yes, sorry for mistreading your message originally...
I tried that, recovery mode, then started vbesave by hand. it DOES hang
the thing !!

> If you can cause it to hang by running that command,

Yes, it hangs...frozen solid...completely dead...

> then I can tell you both where to file the bug,
> and how to workaround the problem to allow your system to boot normally.

Oh, great, please tell me what's the problem !!! :o))))

I had a look in the vbesave script, it seems to be related ot ACPI ? I
gathered that this caused problems on laptops, didn't think that was an
issue on desktop machines... :-/

Vince