how to get apps to start on login?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Feb 5 09:20:23 UTC 2005

Le samedi 05 février 2005 à 06:26 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez a écrit :
> > Computer -> Desktop Preferences -> Sessions -> Start Programs tab
>
> I too would love to see all my apps loaded at log-in. But I don't use
> this feature, because as far as I can remember, it dumps all the apps
> into the first workspace, or at least, not all apps appeared in the
> correct workspace.

Hmm, just tried it again. It seemed to work okay (all apps in where back
into their original workspace). Only problem was due to a program,
GQview, that appears not to handle this mechanism (I got a warning
message about it when logging out). Gnome did load it anyway, but it
ended in the first/wrong workspace, with the wrong window state (resied
instead of maximized) and wrong picture directory.
I guess it would be worth filing this as GQview 'bug', might be fixed in
time for Hoary.

Vince