Array CD 4 (installation and live editions)

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Feb 5 09:12:12 UTC 2005

> > As I said in the mail, it hangs at "Entering Runlevel 2".
> > But I bet it will work on my friend machine (similar spec), as Array 3.5
> > Live hung too on my machine but worked fine on his...go figure :-/
>
> Try booting in recovery mode (it should work), run
> "/etc/init.d/vbesave start", and see if that hangs the machine.  If so, that
> will give us a good idea of the nature of the problem.
>
> --
>  - mdz

Hi Matt,

Hey, I was just about to post about that, you stole the words from my
mouth ! ;o)

Yes, I did try Recovery mode, and it WORKS. Doesn't hang, I do get the
command line, and I can start GDM fine and access Ubuntu, I just spent
an hour playing with it, and just rebooted to Warty to write his
message.
Bags of bugs in there, too many to list, but the essentials are there :
it starts, doesn't crash/reboot, doesn't freeze, and internet work. So
that gives people enough to test it and report bugs. :-)
So recovery mode works, but 'normal' mode (how is it called ? :o),
always hangs at "Entering Runlevel 2".

Any idea ?

Vince