LinuxPlanet reviews Ubuntu

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Fri Feb 4 09:22:12 UTC 2005

Jeff pointed this commentary out on the Sounders list recently:

>  "Commercial support for Ubuntu is available directly from Canonical, LTD
>  (http://www.canonical.com/), which is the company that sponsors the Ubuntu
>  project. Canonical's support offerings are listed on the Ubuntu site at
>  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/paidsupport/. A substantial number of
>  firms all over the world that provide support for Ubuntu are also listed
>  in the Ubuntu Marketplace site at
>  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/marketplace. The latter is an
>  incredible testimonial to the wide-spread and well-established nature of
>  Ubuntu after a relatively short time in Linux years."

The marketplace is already shaping up nicely. Anything we can do to
encourage more companies to list themselves there? I've cc'd this to the
-users list because the ecosystem of companies providing Ubuntu support
and services really affects end users, and I'm keen to get feedback.

I've created a wiki page at
https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MakingTheMarket for brainstorming on
the subject. It's pretty sketchy right now. All suggestions on there
welcome!

Mark