Import from outlook express?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Feb 4 08:47:49 UTC 2005

JoWilly wrote:

>Sure, but it will hopefully help people who have outlook or have access
>to a copy of outlook (easy to find if you have some imagination), as
>this is AFAIK the easiest way to convert the complete outlook data.

Come into this thread late... is the question how to get data out of
Outlook express?

If so, kmail has a utility to do it... you can use that, and then export
what you want from kmail...  worked very well for me... doesn't work
with Outlook (full package), only Outlook express... and works fine in
Gnome too...

It's called "kmailcvt" and should be in /usr/bin ... if not, it's in the
Ubuntu repository... I forget if I installed it specially or if it
worked "out of the box"... but it's very seamless and designed for the
purpose :-)

Sean