Import from outlook express?

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:19:32 UTC 2005

Works for me:

A.1  Migrating Local Outlook Mail FoldersA.1  Migrating Local Outlook

Exchange and IMAP mail is stored on the server, so you do not need to
migrate it to your Linux partition. However, if you have stored mail on
your computer, you might want to make it accessible to Evolution.First,
while using Windows, prepare your messages for import:Clean up your
mail. Delete messages and folders you do not need, and click File >
Folders > Properties > Advanced > Compact to erase old, deleted messages
from your PST file.If you nest your folders one inside another, you
might want to rename subfolders so that you can tell which folder they
belong to. You must re-nest them after you load them into
Evolution.Import the files into Mozilla Mail (or another mailer, such as
Netscape or Eudora, that uses the standard mbox format). Linux mailers
cannot do this task, because it requires a library available only under
Windows. In Mozilla, import by selecting Window Mail & Newsgroups Tools
Import.Mozilla creates a set of files in the directory Windows
\Application_Data\Mozilla\Profiles\(UserName)\(Random Letters)\Mail
\Local Folders\OutlookMail\. The data files are those that have no file
extension.If you are using Windows XP or Windows 2000, your Windows hard
drive is probably in the NTFS format, which some Linux systems cannot
read without

--
Pybe <squalidstuff at gmail.com>
www.pybe.co.uk