gnome-font-viewer

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:07:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:32:30 -0600, Kent Frazier <kentfrazier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:44:11 +1000, Daniel Saunders
> <daniel.saunders at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In the Universe repository there's a package called msttcorefonts.  It
> > installs a few programs on your machine and then visits a Microsoft
> > download site to get there freely (as in beer) available fonts.
> >
> > Use synaptic or apt-get or aptitude to install it.  It include MS
> > Comic Sans as well as the 'favourites' of Times New Roman and Arial
> > and half a dozen other fonts.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > p.s. - For some reason gmail automatically choose the lists email
> > address for replying to.  I don't know if this is a Gmail thing or a
> > Ubuntu-users thing, but I like it!
>
> Regarding your P.S.  This is a new "feature" of the ubuntu-users list
> based on user requests.  It is currently in a trial run to see if it
> works out.  I am glad they are doing it as well.
>
> Kent

Firstly thanks to Daniel and Michael for the tip about msttcorefonts.
Ill be doing that tonight then, but it still doesnt explain what is up
with gnome-font-viewer. I submitted a bug yesterday and will wait and
see.
Also I noticed tha twhen copying fonts to the fonts:/// directory - no
visual update occurs at all even though the fonts are installed fine.
After digging arround on google I found that this is an upstream bug
and is being worked on...

As for the feaure of including ubuntu-users in the reply to field. I
think it is a great idea and saves messing arround altering it every
time I post.

Q: How many freudians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Two - one to change the bulb - the other to hold the penis...

.... I mean ladder!!!