Three newbie questions

Paul Sladen sounder at paul.sladen.org
Wed Feb 2 11:11:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Judy & Lindsay Roberts wrote:

Hello to down-under,

> 1) To Import my email address book from Win XP what is the procedure.

Other people can probably answer this one, so I'll leave it until after
you've sorted your network and transferred the file.

> 2) I use DSL via a home network attached to a Windows PC.  How do I set
> up my Ubuntu network, what settings etc.?

Computer -> Settings -> Network.

> 3) Will Ubuntu find my DSL through the [..] Home network?

Your network probably uses 'DHCP' (''Obtain IP Address Automatically''), so
all you will need to do is plug the computer in, Ubuntu will do the rest!

Alternatively, if the DSL plugs directly into the computer in question,
you'll need to do a bit of 'PPPoE' configuration, but it sounds like you
already have a proper network in this case.

Hope that's useful,

	-Paul
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB