Install problem: Dell Inspiron 3500, RESOLVED

John Green johnallengreen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 05:12:34 UTC 2005

I found a workaround:

Boot with expert mode. Step through, but BEFORE "Detect and mount
CD-ROM", switch to console with Alt-F2, and enter these two commands:
umount /cdrom
mount /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /cdrom
Switch back with Alt-F1, and continue installation.

I'll post more details here:
   http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=60913

HTH  :)
John