XCFE ...what's next?

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 02:39:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:57:58 -0500, Jozsef Mak <j_mak3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Chris Kassopulo <ckasso at sprynet.com>
> >To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> >Subject: Re: XCFE ...what's next?
> >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:13:50 -0500
> >
> >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:15:05 -0500
> >"Jozsef Mak" <j_mak3 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I uninstalled and reinstalled XFCE but i found no such an option you
> > > mentioned. But the xfce42.desktop has been installed in the sessions
> > > directory as it was stated in the installation instructions; yet I
> >cannot
> > > start xfce.
> > >

> >locate and run the script "startxfce4"
> >
> >Chris
>
> I did that and i got the following message.
>
> /usr/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0.0
> xfce4-session: Another session manager is already running
============================
You can't run the command from a desktop already running a wm.  At
login time choose "failsafe terminal".  When it opens type "startxfce4
&" (w/o the quotes) and then minimize (do NOT close) the terminal.
You should now be in an xfce session.  Read the documentation to add
xfce to the menu, or run switchdesk utility.
HTH,
Mike
--
"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring,
fighting, killing, and dreadful idolatry took place there."