AMD 64 Bit Processor Info Wanted

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 31 15:06:42 UTC 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:05:21 +0100
ulrich steffens <ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org> wrote:

> and also important (at least for me), i also use some mono-apps. are
> the 64-bit versions reliable/stable?

I have experienced instability. Some was hardware, but there are other
issues. I have experienced freezing with 64bit that didn't happen with
32bit. I think it depends on which kernel you use and what hardware
combinations you have. I believe there are certain known kernel bugs
that exist in pre-2.6.14 kernels.  Hopefully, Dapper will solve these.

I'm currently experimenting with a different window manager to see if
that helps, at least with video-related problems.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/