RAID

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:02:34 UTC 2005

On 12/30/05, Oscar Veloz <oveloz at glasfloss.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a machine.  I am hoping to do RAID 1, because my board
> has onboard RAID.  Does anyone know where I might find a howto on doing
> this in 5.10?

If you have proper on-board (hardware) RAID, you should only see one
disk in the installer, the logical disk. If it is fake RAID, you are
better off setting up a MD device while installing, and when you get
to the partitioner, create the partitions you want (across both disks,
keeping the RAID candidate partitions same size or as close to as
possible) and change the type of the ones you need to raid or md
candidate, go in to the sub menu software raid (should be near top,
quite obvious) in the partitioner and set up your RAID relationships.
After that, use the mdX device(s) as you would a normal disk.

HTH,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>