a little samba help

Giorgos pinkisntwell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 09:34:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 21:46 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
> 12292005 2144 GMT-5
>
> Let me ask a totally different question.
>
> I have a cable modem. I have my desktop plugged into the ethernet
> port. I have a laptop with XP (my wifes) accessing through the
> wireless port. I really just want to allow them to share some files,
> and allow the laptop to use the printer.
>
> Im trying to set up samba with lots of difficulty. Im following the
> guide but its not making a lot of sense overall. Neither computer can
> see the other.
>
> Is this really the only way to do this?
>
> Wade

Make sure you create each user that will access your samba share. Make
sure you disable firewalls on the xp box. Make sure you wait a while
before plugging in and setting up the network so that the servers are
found.

I managed to make the xp box see my ubuntu samba share perfectly
(something that I couldn't do with windows) but I still can't see the xp
box from here.

So some help would be appreciated for me too.