Dual Boot Problem

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Fri Dec 30 03:46:38 UTC 2005

James Diehl a écrit :
 >I don't know any other words to explain it!  I talked to several
people >that use both programs, and they all said "Don't run Linux, then
 >Windows!"  The difference in the programs will cause a conflict in
 >each.  They offered no technical explanation, but after looking at the
 >languages and command structure, I can only surmise that it has
 >something to do with either the Debian nature, or the difference in
 >binary.  I do know that it caused a mess on my PC, and it was only 5-6
 >months old!  I'm still looking for a explanation!

=-=-=-=-=

Cause there is no explanation, and because they don't know what they are
talking about. It did not do a mess in your PC, and you confuse software
and hardware. When one system does not boot anymore, after a new kernel
was installed, we look at the Grub configuration file, and fix it.
By the way, I'm on the point to change for Lilo, in order to observe how
it goes with this brave Lilo, for a while :))
Someone has experience for a while, with lilo and it's /etc/lilo.conf
file ?
Best Greetings, Joyce Markoll.

--

Nada is a program that do nothing, for everybody. It does nothing, and
does it well!

Bug Reports
There are no bugs in NaDa™. It is impossible.
(But you never _know_...)