a little samba help

James Diehl jms_diehl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 03:05:56 UTC 2005

Probably like some of the other codes, you have to enter them in Terminal as part of the ./usr/samba bin.  You will have to set up a user password in terminal for root as samba user.  If you need help with the code, the gnome terminal --help can be helpful.

Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:           12292005 2044 GMT-5

 I have been reading about getting samba installed.
 Im reading http://help.ubuntu.com/starterguide/C/faqguide-all.html#sect-samba-server
 at ubuntu about getting it up and running.

 I am in need of a  little clarification.

 On number 3 under samba it says,
     Add network user:
     smbpasswd - a system_username
     sudo gedit /etc/samba/subusers

 Ok. Add network user. What group does this go in - admin?
 And what type of user does it mean - something like "smbuser"?
 and what about the password? Do I just put something in there?

 Im sure Ill have lots more questions but this is really not that clear to me.

 Wade