Upgrade to Breezy from Hoary

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 21:57:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I currently have a fully up-to-date Hoary system. I just received my
Ship-It Breezy CDs (because I'm on dialup) and want to dist-upgrade
using the CD. Will there be any problems due to my system now being a
completely up-to-date Hoary?

Another question... my Hoary system is now just Gnome, and I want to
have a Breezy KDE system. I am thinking of upgrading to the standard
Gnome/Breezy and then installing the current Kubuntu-desktop packages.
Is this the best thing to do? Or can I dist-upgrade my Hoary/Gnome
system directly to Breezy/KDE(Kubuntu-desktop)? Is that playing with
fire? :-)

Thanks for any pointers!

-Steve.