Ubuntu 5.10 minumum requirements

Tom Hines tomhines at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:28:33 UTC 2005

On 12/27/05, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:
> What do you mean by failed?  I've had LiveCDs not configure the xserver
> correctly, which would result in a black screen sometimes.

It just kept churning along slowly, not making progress.  The CDROM
drive kept making noises, and after about a half hour it managed to
show the desktop background, but no menus.  It was obviously still
trying, but after about 45 minutes I gave up.  It seemed to me to be
symptomatic of insufficient RAM.

I think Felix's suggestion to use a swap partition might work.  I
could probably do that with Puppy Linux.  But, alas, I'm back home in
Maryland now.  Will have to wait 'til next year.