where is /dev/inotify

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:01:50 UTC 2005

Thanks for the pointers. So I proceeded to actually compile the kernel (its
much leaner, managed to shave off some cruft, including the annoying
messages about hw_random missing).

Now inotify should be enabled, because I compiled it in. But I don't see a
/dev/inotify. The kernel boots great, it's 2.6.15 rc 6

I do have /proc/sys/fs/inotify appearing, but it's a directory. Can I just
simlink this ?

- Henk Postma

http://post.ma.cx