Knoppc 4.0 K'ed my breezy boot splash--how to revert?

Brian van den Broek broek at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Dec 27 09:01:01 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Brand new to ubuntu and linux. I installed ubuntu breezy, but also put on
kbunutu desktop, so I could see what I liked best brtween KDE/Gnome.

Everytime I booted up, I got the ubuntu boot splash, as expected. Today, trying
to tace down a hardware problem, I booted up with Knoppix 4.0. Now my boot
splash is the kubuntu one. That seems rude :-)

This linux newbie has no idea how to fix that. What would I need to look into?

And for those who are thinking "but Knoppix doesn't change anything
permanently", I understand the scepticism. All I can tell you is after 30+ boots
with the ubuntu artwork, one knoppix boot just long enough to run acpi -V later,
and the art has changed.

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB