Sourceforge Gallery2 and PHP

Soo-Hyun Choi soohyunc at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 26 18:13:48 UTC 2005

Brilliant!

I solved the problem finally. The problem was that I was trying to
open the php file with firefox by doing 'file->open file" something
like that, which was nothing related to Apache. I tried to open the
php file by putting the php file under web directory, it worked to me.

This was just my silly mistake. ;-)

Thanks to all who corresponded to this thread.

On 12/26/05, Ralfe Poisson <ralfepoisson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Soo-Hyun,
>
> I just want to explain that your problem has nothing to do with FireFox. The
> problem is with Apache. PHP files are parsed through the PHP preprocessor
> when your browser makes a query from the web server. If you were to try and
> load the files directly into firefox, you would either get the source code,
> or firefox would try and download the php files. Thus, you must make sure
> that you are accessing them through the Apache server, and that the
> httpd.conf file is setup correctly to forward *.php files to the php
> preprocessor.
>
> Hope that makes it a bit clearer.
>
> Regards,
> Ralfe
> "Open the Doors and Smash the
> Windows."
=======================================
RALFE
> POISSON
Systems Analyst
ModernAbstraction

> email:ralfe at modernabstraction.za.org
web:
=======================================

> Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
> Thanks!

I already went through the relevant steps that you have forwarded
me. But, the Firefox still doesn't understand the php file. (It just
open
> the file with a text editor. I forced to open the php file with
Firefox, but
> it just open a new window asking to open with a text
editor.)

What sort of

On 12/26/05, albi <albi at scii.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:03:59 +0000
Soo-Hyun Choi
> <soohyunc at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I am trying to install Gallery (http://gallery.sourceforge.net/).
Before I
> install this, I needed to install PHP on my system. I
installed PHP using
> 'sudo apt-get install php5' and installation went
with no problem.

However,
> whenever I try to open 'index.php' with Firefox web browser,
it cannot
> recognize the php file such that it tries to open it with a
text editor.
> (Firefox and Mozilla can never open the php file.)

> install libapache2-mod-php5

see also
http://help.ubuntu.com/starterguide/C/faqguide-all.html#installphpapache

--