Skype or Gizmoproject.com was: Re: Has Ubuntu ReplacedWindowsonYour Box?

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Dec 25 22:06:30 UTC 2005

On 12/17/05, Phillip Sc. Boegh <psb at ipl.dtu.dk> wrote:

> > Thanks for your help. Might this:
> >
> >   http://ubuntuguide.org/#configuresoundproperly
> >
> > be the text to which you are referring?
> No it was not that one - it conserned specificly using two or more sound
> applications at the same time.

I think I have found the message: HOWTO: Hear multiple sounds at once
http://www.ubuntuforu <http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=8882>
ms.org/showthread.php?t=8882<http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=8882>

I also found this article quite helpful: *Howto: about sound in Hoary &
Linux**: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=26567*, even though it
isn't completely up-to-date.

In any case, I now have multiple apps accessing sound simultaneously, except
for certain programs that don't play nicely with others, ie, Gizmo, Flash.