synaptic manager not working

peevee peevee.chaitanya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 20:40:39 UTC 2005

hello friends,
I activated universal packages in synaptic manager,
but when it tried to update , it gave an error saying its unable to fetch
some release.p*g file,
i tried doing apt-get update
and its resolving the ip as 1.0.0.0 ,
when i checked my resolv.conf
it has an entry
nameserver 192.168.1.1
which is the ip of my gateway ( broadband router)
I am able to use internet completely fine, except that it was needed to
disable ipv6 in firefox to use internet,
if that was enabled , which was by default , i was unable to access net
using firefox.
bye please tell me how to make my synaptic package manager work for univesal
packages,
thanks
regards

--
PEEVEE

http://peevee.tk

blogger at http://techipeevee.blogspot.com/   *Tech blog
               http://livejournal.com/users/peevee_jivi   *Personal blog

Air Conditioners and Computers are similar in some ways. Both are
useless when you open 'Windows'.