gaim-vv

David Hart ubuntu at tonix.org
Sun Dec 25 16:24:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 10:41:55AM -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:

> Okay, i tryd installing GAIM-vv, and it went fine, tell i got to the
> GST-Jpeg2000 installing. i got this message when i tried to ./configure
> it:
>
> > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>
> > checking for   gstreamer-0.8 >= 0.8   gstreamer-control-0.8 >= 0.8...
> > configure: error: you need gstreamer development packages installed !
>
> I read somewherethat i need GStreamer 0.8.x, soi i tried installing
> that, and it told me i didnt have it on my PC.

Have you installed the _development_ packages as that config error
message is asking for?

I haven't built anything that requires gstreamer but, from a quick scan
through Synaptic it looks like the required packages would be among
those three beginning 'libgstreamer' and ending in 'dev'

--
David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org>