Ndiswrapper & default gateway on boot / un-hibernate

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Dec 23 16:11:05 UTC 2005

Oscar Wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:24:26 +0100

> frank <info (AT) bolzo (DOT) it> wrote:

> > Hi all.

> > I've got two problem with ubuntu 5.10:

> > a) On boot i put my pcmcia wifi card before turn on the pc.
> Ndiswrapper

> > seems to be load correctly but the default gateway isn't set to the

> > correct interface (it's set to eth0 instead wlan0). How correct
> this,

> > making the default gateway is set by the interface that is working

> > (sometimes eth0, sometimes wlan0) ?

> I assume you used System -> Administration -> Network to setup you
> network.

> There is a drop down menu in that program where you select your default
> gateway.

> Oscar

I have a similar problems. I've got an HP ze2308wm with a Broadcom 4318
wireless built-in. When I first install it via ndiswrapper, everything
is fine. However...

1. If I suspend and resume, wlan0 doesn't come back.

2. If I disable wlan0 (when I've only got wired access) and then reboot
(or suspend), wlan0 no longer shows up in ifconfig or the network
settings gui. I've got to delete and then re-install it into
ndiswrapper (I use the ndiswrapper gui to do that).

3. I cannot get the default gateway to stay changed. For example, if I
make the default eth0, the next time I go into the configuration, it
still says wlan0.

4. I've tried to get multiple locations to work, but no luck. It
doesn't seem to remember which location I've created, seeming to go
back to the default values no matter what I put in for the location.

5. My laptop has a special button that is supposed to disable/enable
the wireless device. It works great disabling, but fails miserably when
I push it again to enable the device.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Mark