Ubuntu is under attack

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:51:00 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 22:07, Michael Richter wrote:
> > Arguably the largest ISP in the world (and very certainly in the top
> > ten) -- China Netcom -- doesn't provide native ISP email at all.
> > Almost all of its subscribers interact by email solely through
> > webmail.  Conclusion?  Your experiences in owning a "small ISP" don't
> > mean a damned thing.
>
> If you mean to imply that China Netcom blocks port 25, what
> relevance does that have to local delivery of system messages?

You said, based on your self-vaunted experience owning a "small ISP" that
most people don't use webmail.  I pointed out that one of the single largest
ISPs in the world has the overwhelming majority of its users relying on
webmail.  My point should have been obvious.  (Hint: the words "you are
wrong" feature prominently in the point.)