Ubuntu is under attack

Carlos Escutia Chávez carlosescutia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:32:19 UTC 2005

Oh please, if you are going to discuss, could it be with objective
arguments, instead of tabloid-like headers?

e.g.

"I'm working, you are playing"
Do these people actually do real work on Linux systems?
Those of us really using Ubuntu

few months, months, hundreds of years! lose everything! world is gone!
lose a few months work before finding out that critical emails are being
callously destroyed.
will lose months of work because the warning messages
That's hundreds of man-years - lifetimes of work - lost
That's no reason to cause hundreds of man years of effort to be lost
People will lose their creations, their work.  You will lose karma.
can't afford to lose our documents, architectural drawings, newspapers,
musical compositions, accounts receivable, recipes, personal check register,
pictures of the grandkids, programming projects, etc.
breaking thousands of as yet unimagined applications.

"Your arguments are not valid. They are dogma"
deliberately discarded by religious zealots who don't believe that newbies
should see such system emails.
freedom from religious bigots who insist that system emails be suppressed

"Developers are a pile of morons"
Just stop breaking things you don't understand.  OK?
some mid-level PHB at Canonical didn't understand system emails.
Hopefully, though, this dumbing down is all a mistake by some mid-level PHB
and will be fixed when Canonical's brains are back online.
These little Canonical cabals of three or four people who say "well I don't
know why anyone would want to do that, let's chuck it out" are seriously
hurting
Oh, and before I forget, what else did you break in Breezy that we haven't
even noticed yet?

and my favorite: "Mark, you're in big trouble!"
There are all kinds of legal liabilities there that Canonical isn't going to
be able to disclaim, even for a free-as-in-beer product.

2005/12/22, Dick Davies <rasputnik at gmail.com>:

> I think Mikes mothers name is 'mta'. Either that or there's some other
> reason he's getting personally offended.
>
> On 22/12/05, Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You have made not a single valid argument for dumbdowngrading
> > > Breezy.  I am ashamed to see such white noise from a UCAM address.
> > >

> >  I'm curious: are vituperative rants and personal attacks the norm for
> this
> > mailing list?  If so, perhaps I should reconsider my subscription.
> >
> > --

> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/

007 - Con licencia para... leer, escribir, ejecutar