Ubuntu is under attack

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 21 19:08:39 UTC 2005

Mike Bird Wrote:

> I think Matthew's issue - which apparently applies to those in the

> desert of BT Internet as much as those in the Sahara - can be

> addressed by providing a program to which mail can be piped and

> which would make a good-faith but not reliable attempt to pop up

> the message in a notification bubble.

> --Mike Bird

Oh no, not a notification bubble!  Please noooooo!  One of the most
annoying things about XP is those stupid notification bubbles that pop
up whenever you're trying to do actual work on the computer.

At least make it something those of us who like a clean, non-annoying,
efficient, and usable desktop can turn off.

--
deNoobius