Things I already hate about Kubuntu (new user)

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 21 18:11:18 UTC 2005

Chanchao Wrote:

> But Apple people are almost as annoying, glorifying how stupid the

> thing allows them to be. "Oh sorry, I completely don't know what "Avi"

> or "Mpeg" or "megabytes" or anything mean; I just put my camera within

> 3 feet of my Mac for 10 minutes and it spit out an edited DVD with

> nice menus all by itself, even the label was already on it.

Hilarious!

I bought a mac around Jan or Feb this year -- I was attracted the "unix
underpinnings" -- whatever -- the CLI mostly works as I'd expect, but
there are serious useability issues w/ OSX.  I keep finding new things
that irk me.  Anyway, the linux distros I've tried are better than OSX
by a mile, and Ubuntu is really slick.

I guess it's time to browse around for whether the two-finger-scroll
trackpads are supported cause I'm aching to ditch OSX.

--
ninotob