Breezy & WinXP dual boot on Dell Dimension 8400 (SATA RAID)

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 21 17:28:15 UTC 2005

I can assure you that their is no Dell process monitoring your partition
scheme (well, I can't actually assure this but here's my experience):
I've added hard-drives, optical drives, floppies and various PCI
cards...I've partitioned and repartitioned many times as I like to try
different distributions frequently (Debian, Kubuntu, PCBSD, OpenSUSE,
etc...)  Never had any difficulty doing any of this.

I've never tried to resize an NTFS partition w/ the installer tool.  I
use Partition Magic to alter my partitions most often.  Their is a tool
on the LiveCD (I'm pretty sure) under one of the menus called Qparted or
QTparted.  You should be able to alter your partitions w/ that tool
(I've used it to change Ext3's) from the LiveCD.  It also has the
advantage of being able to do it immediately as your drive won't be
mounted automatically w/ the LiveCD.

--
Emerzen