Ubuntu Live and sshd

Yoram Hekma yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 21 13:59:17 UTC 2005

hometoast wrote:

> On 12/20/05, *Yoram Hekma* <yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl
> <mailto:yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Mario Splivalo wrote:
>
>     Again, if I am dead wrong, flame away:)
>

> I leave the flames out of it; but to me a "live" CD should work more
> like the installed OS and less like a "demo" or "check-hardware" CD.

Fair enough, but that was exactly my point. If the cd functions as "the
installed os" it is to me a "check-hardware" cd.
Ok, maybe it is too see how the Look and Feel(tm) is too, but you get my
drift.

Knoppix is not meant to function or feel "like the os" because it IS the
OS, therefore (IMO) it is more customized to run from CD (ie. it does
not have to do the same stuff it hd-installed counterpart does, and
instead can do things more efficiently)

I think we agree here, only maybe I didn't made my point clear.