SPAM=Re: Ubuntu is under attack. Administrators responsibility.

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Tue Dec 20 19:59:19 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 15:34 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>> ubuntus popcon doesnt use mail for delivery
>
> Then the description is wrong:
>
> aptitude show popularity-contest
... this is spam too - as it do not consern the subject!

What is spam? That is when members or anybody post Emails with headlines
and talk of enything else in the mails to promote themselves or a subject
not relevant!

Especially if anyone from outside find 40-50 Emails about "Ubuntu is under
attack" they would avoid that distribution if they act sensible.

For that reason I suggest the administrator to through out people that
continue spamming with the subject "Ubuntu is under attack".

Alternatively people that do not want spam go in stead - so you have only
the spammers left. This is the administrators responsibility who you
choise!

Regards

Phillip