ubuntu version numbers vs nicknames

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Dec 20 17:32:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 12:12 -0500, alex wrote:
> I'm trying to catch up with the naming of the various ubuntu version
> numbers but google doesn't seem  to be of much help.  Is there somewhere
> that connects the numbers with the nicknames or can someone put these
> together in a list?

Original release in october 2004: "Warty Warthog", Ubuntu 4.10

Then Ubuntu 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog" in April 2005

Then the current release, Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger"

Then the next release due in April 2006 all being well, Ubuntu 6.04,
"Dapper Drake"

Then after that, God (read SABDFL...) only knows how they will call it
next ;-)

--
Vince