Ubuntu is under attack

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 20 14:34:06 UTC 2005

hi,

> It took an hour to check your facts.  All wrong.  Why didn't
> YOU check before misleading everybody on the list?
>
> 1) The Breezy server install, like the Breezy desktop install,
>    doesn't include Postfix, Mailx, /usr/sbin/sendmail,
>    or any other MTA that I can find.  And of course ...
> 2) The server install isn't on a separate ISO in Breezy.
please check more carefully next time:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/breezy/

> The hour wasn't completely wasted as I noticed a couple of
> things I hadn't noticed before:
>
> 1) In another dumbdowngrade, Breezy server also omits ssh server
>    from the initial installation.  Kudos to Edubuntu for getting
>    that one right.
thanks for the kudos, but the ssh server is only installed because our
ltsp implementation is built around it, you might have noted that
edubuntu doesnt include a MTA either.

> 2) In a masterpiece of illogic, desktop and server variants of
>    Breezy both include the "popularity-contest" spyware, although
>    it's turned off and in any event is useless without an MTA.
ubuntus popcon doesnt use mail for delivery, please check the facts
before starting huge rants on this anyway high traffic list

ciao
	oli