splash screen setup

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:12:27 UTC 2005

On 12/19/05, Bas van Gils <basvg at cs.ru.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 04:45:42PM -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:
> Hmmm ok, that makes it easier to select the *image* you want to see on the
> splash screen. It does nothing to select the background color. I have set it
> globally by edditing
>
>   /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
>
> but that's ugly since it makes it a global setting :-( Thanks for the help
> though!

Hmm... the background colour should be changed automagically to the
users setting when a user logs in, assuming that user has a background
set that is different.  If they users background has never been
manually changed, it will take the global default.

Have you tried changing your wife's background manually? (right click
on the desktop, change desktop background)

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com