Somone has tested GNOME 2.13.x?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Dec 19 11:35:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 12:17 +0100, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> Gnome 2.12 was already fast on shutdown.

Well, lucky me then, it's even faster in Dapper then! :-)

> But it 's slow on startup and opening Nautilus, but also simple
> applications like Terminal...

Yes, I did find it annoying that the two small apps I use all the time,
Terminal and Gedit, were really slow to start. But I am pleased to say
that they are now faster. Gedit certainly is (and the change log does
attest this). Terminal I find it also more responsive, although I can't
remember anything about this in its changelog.
Obviously, YMMV

> > HTH ?!
>
> what is it?

It means "Hope This Helps".

--
Vince

PS: before you ask ;-) "YMMV" means "Your Mileage May Vary".