Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Mon Dec 19 07:38:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 17:29 -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:
> Kubuntu has replaced Windows XP on 5 (all) machines in my house!

> There's NO reason to keep Windows, really!

I have few reasons for keeping windows. Unreal Tournament runs too fast
on my laoptop where I have ATI X300 card. (On my home box with nVidia
runs perfectly under linux). Need for Speed won't run under Linux. Age
of Empires - same thing. CoolEdit is far more superior than Audacity,
and I use it quite often. Although I can run CoolEdit under wine, I
can't record or play sound. And I still can't synchronize my
WindowsSmartphone phone with Evolution (or anything else, for that
matter). Synchronization runs smoothly with Ipaq or any other
WindowsMobile device.

Still, only on laptop I have dualboot setup, because sometimes we play
UT or NeedforSpeed :)

At home, I have devoted other PC for
CoolEdit/TraktorDJStudio/otheraudiostuff, the 'main' PC has only Ubuntu.

As a Debian lover/user i love Ubuntu.

	Mike