<mail> command missing?

Mike Bird mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net
Sun Dec 18 22:47:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 12:54, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Which part of the "depends" I gave was so hard to understand?  There is no
> need to FORCE postfix.

Agreed.  If I implied otherwise I apologize.  Your proposal and
the mail proposal on the Wiki are compatible and sensible and
ensure that an MTA would be present:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MailRoadmap

The problem is that someone simply removed postfix.  No virtual
MTA dependency.  Just dropped postfix and mailx out of what was
a working configuration in Hoary.

Why have a Wiki if disastrous decisions are being made in
backrooms or on IRC?  The benevolent dictator for life or
one of his immediate lieutenants needs to make it clear that
this will be fixed for Dapper and that it won't happen again.

Mark needs to hire people with real world experience (sorry,
I'm busy) instead of a team which mandates totally unnecessary
IPV6 DNS delays while killing mail and crippling menus.

--Mike Bird