firefox timing out before pages are loaded

mjewell mjewell at openmissoula.org
Sun Dec 18 00:03:02 UTC 2005

> >Yes, its weird.  Konqueror worked okay under Mandriva linux, and Firefox
> >works fine from the Windows XP Pro partition --- same machine.  Email is
> >fine.  Pinging the sites from a terminal is fine.
> >
> >I have the same trouble as far as I can tell it's a Firefox bug because
> >others also have the same trouble in ms windows with firefox. I have seen it with many distros and like you all my other browsers and my network and internet connections are just fine. I noticed the "bug" in the last 2 or 3 versions of firefox however it seems worse (imo) in 1.0.7 Perhaps there is a hack or fix but I'm still looking, I'll post when/if I find one of course.

Is there a workaround for Ubuntu? --- My distro did not load any other
browser.  I'm nervous to try upgrading to 1.5 because the distro did not
upgrade automatically.

This problem is so bad that my browser is basically useless at work.
Everything else is great, and I don't want to have to go back to XP Pro
over something so small.