<mail> command missing?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Dec 16 15:42:01 UTC 2005

http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/desktop_architects/2005-December/000486.html
> http://lwn.net/Articles/163792/
> - but could not Kubuntu install Postfix and Mailx?
>
> The Postfix debconf help could maybe use some clarification
> but I think most KDE users are capable of clicking on "Local
> Delivery Only" if that's what they actually want.

But Postfix is huge overkill.  If (*)ubuntu-desktop required
<mail-transport-agent> (the minimum mailx would seem to need is esmtp) and
recommended postfix, I'd be happy enough.  Removing mailx is not "dumbing
down", it's crippling.
--
derek