Ubuntu on IBM thinkcentre S50

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Dec 16 07:15:51 UTC 2005

I too have the same problems with my *IBM ThinkCentre A50.*

It works just fine after installing. But after several minutes of
standby, it stops responding. The only solution is to restart the
computer.

Everytime its on standby, it will stop responding. Or take a lot of
time executing commands.

I have no idea what the problem is. All of our *IBM ThinkCentre A50* (3
computers) got the same problem.

So I have no other choice but to remove Ubuntu and tried another
distro.

It work just fine on other distro, specifically Red Hat Linux 9 and
Bayanihan Linux 3.1. But with Ubuntu, it stops responding.

I have tried posting this problem, but no one ever responded. I guess
no one has an idea.

Well, lets just wait until someone out there using the same machines
have the same problem and solved it.

So anybody out there have the same situation, please post your
solutions here.

--
kenweill