VLC UI fonts are ugly

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:54:59 UTC 2005

<quote who="Luca Manganelli" on Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:29:27AM EST>

> On 12/11/05, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu <crimsun at fungus.sh.nu> wrote:
> > Breezy's vlc was compiled with GTK+ 1.2 support instead of the newer
> > GTK+ 2.8 due to locale-handling bugs both in the widget set
> > (wxwidgets2.6, which uses GTK+ 2.8) and in vlc itself. These bugs have
> > since been fixed in the most recent stable release of vlc, which is in
> > Dapper. An earlier preliminary snapshot has been backported from Dapper
> > to Breezy, so use the breezy-backports repository.
>
> I don't find them in breezy-backports: where are them?

Add a line to your /etc/apt/sources.list and substitute "breezy-backports"
at the end.

For example:
    deb http://your.nearest.mirror/ubuntu breezy main restricted universe
    deb http://your.nearest.mirror/ubuntu breezy-backports main restricted universe

Of course substitute "your.nearest.mirror" with your nearest mirror.

Seth