'Hibernate' 'reboots' machine :)

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Thu Dec 15 08:31:54 UTC 2005

I go to System-LogOut and then select Hibernate. Screen goes black
(which is a bit annoying - could it display some progress bar or just
the percentage counter?), and after a minute or so the laptop powers
off.

When I turn it back on, Ubuntu boots, it says 'loading modules', then
the percentage counter starts restoring the RAM from the disk image, and
afte that's done the laptop does the reboot. And everything I had
working on is gone.

I've been browsing trough /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages, but
didn't seem to find any usefull (at least for me) information.

So, I'd appreciate anything that could help me have a functional
'hibernate' option.

The laptop is IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad R52.

I used to have Gericom Hummer, on which hibernate functioned well.

	Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art
mario.splivalo at mobart.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."