breezy on dell optiplex GX620

jazzy bear jazzy2714 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:42:15 UTC 2005

I'm trying to put Breezy on a new Optiplex GX620.  The HD is using Serial
ATA, SATA-0 in the BIOS.  For installing, there is a DVD writer: on PATA-0
using Parallel ATA: Philips DVD+/-RW DVD8701.  For SATA Operation set to
Normal, the install CD can't be read, it has a problem reading the install
CD.  When I use Combination, the CD can be read, but it won't recognize the
hard drive.

What can I do?

Please help.

Jazzy

in the bios:

SATA Operation:
Normal: The hard drive controller is configured for native mode.  This mode
provides the highest drive performance and most flexibility.

Combination : the hard drive controller is configured for combination mode.
This mode provides for compatibility with some older operating systems that
do not support SATA drives.